Thursday, February 23, 2012

One Month

As I write this post, Madeline is a few weeks past her one month mark – she is 7 weeks old today! In some ways her birth seems like years ago, but in other ways the past 7 weeks have flown by. I have enjoyed every moment with my little girl so far, and I am trying to soak up every moment with her this last week of my maternity leave. Babies grow and change so fast! You hear people say this all the time, but it becomes especially true when you have your own little one to watch grow.

So I’ve decided I am going to try and chronicle each month for the first year of her life. Taking monthly baby shots has become all the rage, but it is really fun to see monthly shots lined up next to each other after a year to see a baby’s growth. I found some monthly onesie stickers on Etsy, and I took some photos of Madeline at her one month mark.


In her first month, she went from 8lbs, 21 inches to 10 lbs 2oz and 22.5 inches. Her growth put her at the 90th percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight. She also learned to lock on to our faces, is getting pretty good at holding her head up during tummy time, and right around 1 month she finally learned to take a pacifier. And let’s just say that the pacifier really does help pacify Miss M during her fussy moments!


Now we're only a few weeks away from the 2 month mark, but I'll save those updates for the next post!

2 comments:

Marianna said...

i can't believe she's 7 weeks already! She is absolutely precious!!

Janelle said...

such a cutie!