Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Sweets



Yes, this shortcake tasted as good as it looks messy.

Our neighbors, Casey and Rachel, made this intricately decorated cookies. The most tragic part of this picture is that it's missing the George Washington cookie they made...it was incredible, and somebody had the nerve to eat it before I could take a picture.

Also amongst the desserts was a blackberry cobbler, homemade strawberry ice cream, and brownies.


SO SO GOOD!


Summer time sweets are so amazing because you get all of the seasonal fruit to capitalize on. We had a plethora of amazing desserts on Independence Day that allowed us to be proper gluttons. And yes, James and I both went for a six mile run the next day with Marc and Chris....I like to think that we reached some kind of caloric equilibrium, but that might be optimistic thinking. I don't care; I love summer sweets.

1 comment:

em said...

so good!! yum. and six miles...puttin' me to shame :D