Thursday, June 4, 2009

Preptastic Birthday Party

A few weeks ago we had a birthday party for our dear friend, Sara, and it also happened to coincide with the end or her time as a student in Princeton. So we figured that we should give her one final taste of pure preppiness, with a little Kentucky Derby Flair. We had the house bedazzled in those preppy shades of pink and green, and James was working hard to crank out mint juleps galore. Fortunately for everyone invited, putting together some kind of preppy outfit was not a difficult task—especially for our Southern friends. Have to admit – although I’m from the Pac-Northwest, and although I do love my Northface fleeces and my Chico’s, I have always had a strong penchant for the looks of J.Crew, RL, and Vineyard Vines.

All that to be said, it was a great evening to celebrate another year with Sara. She is a  fabulous friend and I don’t know what we’ll do when she no longer lives within a 3-mile radius. Lots of weekend trips, I suspect. 











1 comment:

Laura said...

nicole, you throw the best parties-so creative, such attention to detail, and so much fun! nice work on yet another masterpiece party!