Sunday, June 14, 2009

School Uniform Bliss

I have been enthralled every morning/evening to and fro the train station by the never-ending variations of Japanese school uniforms. They are completely influenced by the jolly ol' state of Britain, which makes my heart oh so happy. I think I've made my Anglophilia clear on this blog before, so it should come as no surprise that the never-ending supply of plaid pleated skirts, mary janes and knee socks, preppy suits and ties for teenage boys, sailor-suit inspired wear, and the adorable little hats that elementary school children wear are charming snapshots for me every day. But don't you worry your little multi-cultural hearts out - these kids have found a way to put a unique Japanese spin on their British inspired uniforms --hundreds of little Anime, Hello Kitty, and Pokemon trinkets attached all over their bags, shoes, purses, and even hair clips. Quite the blend.

And no, I didn't actually take these photos. I thought I might freak these kids out, or be breaking some kind of law, if I just started snapping my camera away at little school kids. These are compliments of la web.




No comments: