Monday, June 9, 2008

Summer Time is....

BLISTERING!!!







It is so warm out here in New Jersey...It's been 95+ degrees, and around 95-98% humidity. (Sometimes I forget I'm in Jersey and think I'm Vietnam). Thank goodness the running store where I work is very air-conditioned, and the conference I'm working at the next few days on Princeton's campus is sure to be quite air-conditioned as well. The supposed "air-conditioning" in our house is not much to brag about....it ends up seeming more like a basic fan. But I guess it's better than nothing.

James and I have been drinking lots of deliciously cold and smooth and summery smoothies out on our patio. It's the perfect place to relax in the evenings these days: we have a little bistro set, some flower pots, and patio lights strung across the porch. So we are quite proud of our little "oasis" for the summer - it's really the only way to distinguish one cubicle apartment from the others in each building. I'm just hoping that my plants don't die in the sweltering heat, particularly given my proclivity to forget to water them. There is really no excuse for my watering them, though - all I have to do is take 3 steps from the kitchen sink out onto to the patio with my little watering bowl. So we'll see if I can keep them alive, because I am growing very fond of my little "urban garden."

1 comment:

em said...

i LOVE your balcony patio....and i'm jealous of the sun and heat-ha!